Thursday, October 16, 2008

Heavy Hearted

Okay, I'm supposed to be working right now, but my heart is so heavy and I just need to get some things out. I'm sure most of you reading this have heard about our friends Dusty & Lindy Ver Beek. Their twins were born yesterday (at 37 weeks, which is great). Little Maxwell was born first, healthy, natural birth. But then it was discovered that Samantha's placenta had prematurely detached and she was without oxygen. They did an emergency c-section and rushed her quickly to De Vos Children's hospital, where she is currently in critical condition. The doctors are saying that if she survives she will likely have severe brain damage. Lindy's in rough shape physically, too, from a rough delivery and loss of blood. I just can't even begin to imagine what they are going through right now. Please lift them up CONTINUALLY to the Father. We serve an Almighty, Holy, All-Powerful God who can do all things. He desires life and health and peace for His children. Samantha has been fearfully and wonderfully made for His purpose. We're going to keep claiming all of His promises for this precious life. Will you join me in praying? Pray that Samantha would survive and that she would have no defects or complications. Pray that our Healer God would touch her with His mighty hand and work a miracle. Pray that doctors and nurses would stand amazed at HIS power. I believe God has the power to do this and I believe in the power of prayer. Let's unite together and storm heaven's gates on behalf of Samantha!

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13-16

Also heavy on my heart are the Van Kampen/Timmer family who said goodbye to their daughter, Sydney, yesterday as well as the Stout family who are praying for their daughter, Terri, who was in an accident on Monday. And Chase, Rylee's friend who has surgery tomorrow for his broken femur and then put in a body cast. And Brent's Dad who hasn't been feeling well. And Shari Buursma and our neighbor's mom battling cancer. Others still daily dealing with deep grief from loved ones gone on ahead to heaven. And then there's our horrible economy and the upcoming election and the list goes on and on...

"Why, O LORD, do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble? Arise, LORD! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless. You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order than man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more." Psalm 11:1, 11, 17-18

"But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me." Psalm 13:6

All I can do is keep trusting, keep putting all my hope in Him and keep praying! Our God is mighty to save!

1 comment:

terp said...

I am right with you friend. We will stand together.

Jesus has overcome and the grave is overwhelmed the victory is won. He is risen from the dead. I will rise!