Monday, September 8, 2008

school bus blues/ Prayer Requests

Well, Anna's fun on the school bus was short-lived. All day yesterday she was very upset and kept asking if she had to ride the bus. She said she didn't want to because she was worried about getting on the wrong bus. At bedtime she had a major melt down and would NOT go to sleep until I promised to pick her up from school today. That sent me into a major parent-dilema. Am I letting her "win?" Do I make her ride the bus because it's good for her to learn to do things that she may not need to do? Or do I eliminate the huge amount of stress this is causing her by simply picking her up? By the way, my youth leaders were over last night during the melt-down and I got advice from 2 experienced moms who I greatly respect. One of them said, "I always just made my kids ride even if they didn't want to; they didn't have a choice." The other said, "It's not worth it if it puts them through that much stress; I just picked my kids up." Thanks a lot, friends; that helps a lot! :)
I had a good conversation with Anna this morning and we decided on a good compromise. I will pick her up on SOME days and she will ride the bus SOME days. About 1/2 and 1/2. She was okay with that as long as she could take along one of her favorite stuffed animals. I do feel for her because she does have to transfer buses among a huge swarm of kids, plus she doesn't ride with anyone she really knows. But I still think it's a good learning experience for her and I hope she'll do great on days she needs to ride!

I also just wanted to ask you all as faithful friends and prayer warriors to be on your knees before the Father regarding a couple of dear people. First is Brent's mom. She has been sick with bad headaches and extreme tiredness for a couple of months now. The doctors have tried different things and done different tests, but can't seem to find any answers, so it's very frustrating. Please pray that God would bring healing to her!

Secondly is the Bosch family. Tim Bosch (7th grade), who has brittle bone disease, has been doing really great; even started walking again this summer. Well last week he had a fall and broke his upper arm and lower leg, so he's back in casts again and back in the wheelchair. He's really bummed because this is a big set-back to strengthen those bones through walking. Please pray for healing for Tim and lots of peace, patience, and wisdom for his parents and siblings.

God is good.... All the time!

No comments: