Friday, August 29, 2008

end of summer fun

Brent is on a big bike trip this weekend called the Dalmac. He and some guys are riding from Lansing to the Mackinaw Bridge (about 69-93 miles each day). I talked to him earlier today and he was already very tired and sore...and only 1/2 way! I think he's having fun, though.

I'm having fun at home with the kids. A whole weekend with no plans! :) I'm working on organizing some pictures and thought I'd post some last pictures of summer fun.

the kids in the pool

fun with an underwater camera

Rylee the fish

I believe I can fly!

One more fun little story. The other morning (the night after Anna was sick), Anna was soaking in the bath while I was in the other room getting ready. Rylee comes into the room and says, "Mom, Noah's wet." I went into the bathroom to find Noah in the tub with Anna. Still wearing his diaper and footie-PJs, of course! As soon as I walked in, he started giggling; he thought he was really funny! (OK, he was!).

I was out grocery shopping today with Noah (Grandma & Grandpa D had the girls) and someone made a comment to me about my son. For some reason, I was just filled with so much joy and pride by her assumption that Noah was my son. Often people will make off-handed comments about him being my son or me being his mom. I guess for me, I just assume that everyone knows he's my son, but he definitely doesn't LOOK like me (duh!). So why would they assume he's mine? I could be his aunt, babysitter, etc. I definitely NOT offended if people ask me if he is my son; it's a very logical question. But I was just struck today when someone without asking just KNEW that Noah was my son. I'd like to believe it's because I DO look like his Mom... not because of my physical appearance, but because of the care and incredible love I have for my son.

1 comment:

Brad&Susan said...

The underwater shots are great! What fun. And Anna looks so sweet for her first day of school. Good luck to Brent on his bike trip.
Susan & Brad