After school we headed off to soccer practice. Yes, I'm officially a soccer mom! This was quite comical as neither Brent or I played team sports in school and we haven't really taken Anna to watch any games. So, even if she doesn't comprehend the whole idea, she definitely had fun running around and kicking the ball!
After soccer practice, it was back to school again for a parent meeting and practice bus run. Anna will be riding the bus home from school each day, and she's so excited. She had so much fun on the bus, you would have thought it was a carnival ride!
We didn't get home til about 8:30, so Anna was in bed later than usual and after such a busy day, it all caught up with her. About 12:30am, so woke up with a nasty stomach bug (I'll spare you the details!). So she stayed home from school this afternoon (bummer to miss the 2nd day of school!), but she's doing totally better now.
Also, yesterday my niece Wendy had a baby girl (only 9 days over due!)... Mae Suzanna. Wendy's oldest son, Lee, is the same age as Noah. Soon she'll be a busy soccer mom, too! :)
In the midst of all the busyness, I'm trying to stay focused on what's really important; keeping my eyes fixed on Christ. I pray that I don't get too busy to spend time in the Word and in prayer and teaching our children about making Christ the priority. I'm asking God to teach me to slow down, to live in and appreciate each moment, and not to get too busy to listen to what He's trying to tell me each day. God is good, all the time!

2 comments:
Anna looks like she is going to be the next Mia Hamm. She already knows how to have the perfect soccer picture.
Love Wendy's daughter's name. Mae.
Stay focused friend, you can do it!!
Wow, I didn't know Wendy had any kids yet, that is exciting news:)I agree with Terp, cute name!
The soccer mom thing only gets crazier, wait until they are all involved:) I seriously wonder how I have time to be on this silly computer!
Post a Comment