This morning our "one-of-a-kind" daughter was being very "Rylee" and speaking gibberish in full Rylee volume. Noah, of course had to copy everything with the same intensity. I suggested that she say some words so Noah could copy those and learn some real words. "Okay," she said. Then, "Hosanna!" Of course Noah tried to repeat it. Mmmmm... maybe we could start with an easier word?!The kids just finished up four days of swimming lessons in our own backyard. We had a college student swim instructor come to teach Anna, Rylee, and 3 neighbor kids. It was very cute and they learned a lot! That is, when Rylee would actually take her head out of the water to listen to the instructions. Most kids had a hard time putting their face IN the water, but Rylee had a hard time her face OUT of the water for a breath. The teacher labeled her "one of a kind" (but we already knew that, didn't we?) :) Anna did a fantastic job swimming. It was fun to see her learn a couple of different "real" swim strokes and learn to put her face in the water and turn her head for a breath. Olympics 2016 here we come!
Noah was in desperate need of a haircut again (this boy has a LOT of hair!) and so I decided to give it a try myself. I used Brent's clippers and called Aunt Mardi for step-by-step instructions, but it actually turned out pretty good. We were out on the back deck and I let him play around with the attachments and stuff, so he actually handled it pretty well, too. Now I know what I'll have to do every few weeks!
Anna has been hoping & waiting for her first loose tooth; she was hoping that on her 6th Birthday she would lose a tooth. Well, last week we went to the dentist and learned that Anna already has a permanent tooth poking quite far through. (Am I a bad Mom or what for not even noticing that?). Problem is, it's growing in at a very awkward angle and the 2 baby teeth in front of it are barely even loose. The Dentist said we'll have to check back in about a month and he'll probably have to "intervene." Yikes! So it looks like Anna's first lost tooth might be a little more dramatic than most. So the question is, does the tooth fairy give more money for extracted teeth?
1 comment:
The tooth fairy gives a lot of money for extracted teeth and candy too!!!
Post a Comment