Monday, February 18, 2008

A Poopy Day

Don't let the title fool you; it really was a good day... we're talking about literal poop here! I was first of all thinking of how much I appreciate my parents and all they've done for us over the years (starting with poopy diapers). When I became a Mom I learned to appreciate my Mom on a greater level, especially the time she helped me when Anna was sick with the stomach flu and Rylee was a newborn; Mom actually got pooped on by Anna! But my appreciation for my parents reached a new level last week when I had to bring Noah's stool (nicer word for poop, I suppose) sample to the lab and I had a busy day and didn't have time to do it. So Dad delivered Noah's poop to Holland Hopsital. Wow! I guess when they say they'll do anything for their kids and grandkids, they really mean it! Thanks Mom & Dad... we love you!

If you're not sick of hearing about poop yet, one more story... Rylee went poop on the toilet today for the first time! Wahoo!! We were so excited! After the toilet paper parade and calling a couple loved-ones, the excitement wore off a bit. No more than 30 minutes later, Rylee comes up to me and announces that she just pooped in her panty. What!? No way, I thought, she just did that in the toilet. So we go to the bathroom, and sure enough... I'll refrain from details, but yep, another poopy mess. I guess the toilet training isn't quite mastered yet! Oh well!

We also have a leaky faucet, so Brent bought a new one today and guess when he decided to start installing it? Right during the whole "poop" excitement, which was also the same time I was trying to fix dinner. So there's tools all over the kitchen, Brent sprawled out on the floor under the sink, food on the stove, I can't use the water in the kitchen sink, and 3 kids climbing over everything. Okay, that's not really about poop, but it was kind-of a "poopy" situation. :)

Now the house is quiet (can you tell by the length of this blog)... all the kids are tucked in and Brent's at Lowe's buying a part for the new faucet (which is going to look really nice, by the way). So I guess I'll grab a book and go in the bathroom and well, you know!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice buddy, real nice. why didn' you right about the poop situation you had a church a few months ago. ;)

Amy S said...

I must have blocked it out of my memory. I honestly don't know what you're talking about. But yeah, I'll definitely admit I'm wierd. Oh, Brent got the faucet done. It looks kickin'!

Julie said...

you are too funny. So, I am sooo ready for spring. I hate Iowa winters and I haven't even made it through one. Supposedly this is the worst its been in years...great. I just keep reminding myself to be patient, spring will come and hopefully we will only be in IA for another 2 winters. :)

Kim Lubbers said...

Now that was a great post that only a mom could write!! It sure looks like Noah is adjusting well and his sisters are too...love all your pics!

Mary said...

Amy-There is a comfort in knowing that we were not the only ones that had to do the "poop" experiment. We loved the announcement. Let's plan a playdate in the spring. Our guat boys need to play together once again!

Hazel said...

LOL! That is so funny! Hey anyone who reads this! This is Hazel's grandauhter. Wow, sounds like a stinky day!

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.