Sunday, April 4, 2010

Our Victory Day!!!

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead!" I Peter 1:3

Resurrection Day... our Victory Day! Jesus conquered death... so that WE MAY LIVE!! Because He lives, we can face tomorrow! Because He lives, we have hope and purpose! And as He stands in victory, sin's curse has lost its grip on me! What an amazing day of VICTORY. And the victory that Christ won by conquering death & sin is FOR ME & YOU. We have the RESURRECTION VICTORY to claim each day. This is the living hope that we have as followers of Christ, united with Him in his death and His resurrection. Alleluia!!!!!

In our worship service this morning we're going to be doing "cardboard testimonies." Maybe you've seen this before; it's very powerful. People are invited to come forward and write their testimony, summed up on a piece of cardboard. On one side is the "before" (before they were transformed by Christ) and on the other side is the "after" (after they claimed Christ's resurrection power). I was thinking about what my cardboard testimony would be. Here are a few I could think of:

Slave to sin ---- Freedom in Christ

Consumed by fear & guilt ---- Transformed by Christ's love

Living for myself ---- My Savior dying for Me to give me true LIFE

Full of selfish desires ---- Overflowing with Jesus' Resurrection Power

Always searching, yet still hungry ---- Fully satisfied with the Bread of Life

Busy, busy, busy with many things ---- Realize only One Thing matters

I'm so thankful for what Christ has done for me. As I look through the ways that Christ has transformed me, I realize that it's not a finished deal. Each day I need to die to myself and to my sinful patterns and allow Christ to come in to my live and make me new again. He is the Potter, I am the clay. And each day He is "reforming" me to make me more and more like Jesus. How amazing is that?!

Thank you, LORD Jesus, for your Resurrection and the new life that it gives!

No comments: