Friday, September 18, 2009

School Adjustments

We've had a difficult week here. Anna has been crying every day and extremely worried about going to school. Off she goes on the bus each morning in tears. And she gets off the bus in tears, too, just worrying about the next day already. First grade, new school, new teacher... it's all such a big adjustment. We're giving it lots of prayers and time... it will get better!


Rylee started preschool this week and just loves it! She went very happily...no complaints or tears. She loves her class and is meeting new friends. It also helps that she's in English preschool now, so she can understand what's going on! :) Noah has been doing great, too. He happily gets on the bus each morning to go to "the Duck Room." He's been doing all kinds of cool activities and crafts with animals this week.


One thing that always makes us smile is the adorable things that our neighbor, Hope, comes up with. (She just turned 5). Yesterday she came knocking on the door after school with a stocking cap on and pulling her sled. The kids played sleds in the yard for about an hour! (And yes, Hope is wearing a camouflage shirt that says: "I make dirt look good.") This girls' a hoot! Put her and Rylee together and you're in for a treat! :)




3 comments:

Harv and Kathy said...

Amy- I am going to pray for Anna EVERY day and see what God will do! Praying for a calm heart for her and for peace of mind.
Tell her that Uncle Harv is coming next week with a box of Smarties for her! And a box for Rylee and Noah, too. He will be there next Sunday.
Hope you are doing well also.
Love Kath

Julie said...

How sad that Anna is struggling so. I am sure it will get better with time and prayers. My mom told me I hated school when I was little and would cry, but I got over that and eventually loved school. I think my mom actually saw you with Anna at school...she's at NG right? My mom is the reading specialist there. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope and Rylee are quite the pair. I already pray for the kindergarten teacher that could possibly get them in the same room. At least they entertain themselves :)