Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

Okay, nobody told me the first day of school was harder on the Mom than on the kids!

My schedule today:

6:00am Wake up, shower, breakfast & devotions before kids wake up
7:00 wake up kids, get dressed, fed, etc. Also make lunches and pack backpacks
8:00 wait for the buses (Anna gets on at 8:10 to head to New Groningen... 1st grade!)
8:25 get Noah on the bus (thankfully buckling my BABY into a school bus seat wasn't as hard as I thought... he was excited and did great!)
8:30 go to New Groningen to make sure Anna finds her class okay (Thanks to Grandma D who helped me with all this juggling of kids this morning and took Rylee with her on the "Grandma bus.")
8:45 Go to work, staff meeting, office work
11:30 Come home for lunch and to wait for Noah to come home on the bus
12:30 Go back to work (Hand-off kid-duty to Brent) . Plan next summer 's service trip to Montana, lead Teen Bible Challenge Meeting with students, load their bikes on/in my van and bring students home b/c it's raining
5:30 Home for supper (thanks Brent for having it ready!) Quick hear about Anna's & Noah's day (they both did great!)
6:45 Head to ZCS for a meeting with Rylee's teacher
8:00 Home... Brent goes to work. I spend 1 hour going through 3 folders full of paper work and filling out forms. In the midst of it, Anna comes up in tears, worried about school tomorrow. Lots of reassuring and prayers.
9:30 Journal on this blog to relieve some stress! :) (And because I know some day...all too soon...I'll be missing these precious days when my kids are young)
10:00 off to bed to get rested so I can repeat above steps!

And I thought I was excited for school to start! It will get easier, right?

No, I am thankful, though, for all 3 of my children and the precious ways they are learning and growing. I'm thankful for wonderful teachers who will help shape and mold them. I'm thankful for education opportunities and for what God has in store for their futures. Here are some pictures from this morning:


2 comments:

Harv and Kathy said...

Oh Amy- that is great that you wrote that all down! What a day! The kids are just wonderful as they look so excited and beautiful heading off to school. You are right- this WILL go quickly and you will treasure these days, even though VERY busy.

Mary said...

Amy- I'm exhausted after reading about your day:). I love the first day of school pics. And Noah especially looks excited with his pack back...love that big smile he has on!