Saturday, March 8, 2008

Questions












This week, I've been asking myself a lot of questions. Little questions, like "Why are boys so obsessed with toilets?"
Or "Why will boys eat anything (like Play-Doh), but not eat food?" Noah's so uninterested in food that he actually fell asleep in his highchair!
Or "When is it ever going to be Spring!?"
But, it's the big questions that keep me awake at night, seeking God's answers. Questions like, "Why do we have have such great news regarding Noah & his health, while so many others don't get the answers they want?"
Or "Why we were blessed with 3 wonderful children when so many families struggle to have children?"
Or "What is going to happen to the many orphans in Guatemala now that the governments have closed adoptions with no plan in place for the children?" or "Why are we so blessed to have our child home when so many other families missed the deadline?"
I've found there's a fine line between asking God these questions and seeming ungrateful for what we have. We are SO thankful for our health, our family, our freedoms. But in that thankfulness there's a hurt for those that don't have safe homes, clean water, loving families, or health. And I don't understand why. I probably never will, this side of heaven anyway.
But what I DO know is that 'my Redeemer lives and that in the end He will stand upon the earth' (Job 19:25). I know that 'Jesus wept' (John 11:35); He's been there, He can understand and relate to the valleys we go through in life. I also know that just as we share in Christ's sufferings, we also share in His comfort, SO THAT we may comfort others with His comfort (2 Corinthians 1:3-7). I pray that I will daily learn to rely on Christ's strength; to celebrate each day and appreciate it as the gift that it is; and to be continually on my knees, lifting up to the Father those that are suffering, that Christ may comfort them.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD, "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
Praise God that HE in in control, not me. I don't have to have everything all figured out... I can just surrender and trust and know that God is good, all the time; All the time, God is good!

2 comments:

kikstra said...

Oh, I have so many of those same questions- great post Amy! We need to get the boys (and the other children too) together soon!

Mary said...

Hmmmmm, Luke prefers play dough over real food too. My heart is aching with some of these same questions as well, Amy. But you are so right that God is GOOD...all the time.