Today is our victory day! Jesus is alive... Hallelujah! Because He lives, we are free from the curse of sin & death. "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow, because He lives, all fear is gone!" Today is the day that gives purpose and hope for this life. I'm looking forward to celebrating today with worship and with family.
I pray that our children will know the significance of this day and what Christ has done for us. This weekend we've been having egg hunts with the "resurrection eggs." Each egg hides a small object that helps tell the story: donkey, nails, cross, stone, etc... ending with the last egg empty, symbolizing the empty tomb. It's so sweet to watch them tell the story over and over again. I hope it's engraved on their hearts and means everything to them.
We also did the traditional Easter egg hunt with the neighborhood kids. In spite of the snow, we decided to still do it outside. We figured it would make for some fun pictures and we'll always remember the "white Easter."




No comments:
Post a Comment