I just wanted to write down a couple of cute things the kids have said or done recently. (Mostly so I don't forget these precious moments).
Noah loves to copy EVERYTHING his big sisters do. Everything from going in time-out to going potty. So lately I've been taking off his diaper and letting him sit on the potty chair. Not that I ever expected anything or even have thought about beginning potty training yet. Well, the other day I let him sit on the potty again and I wasn't even paying attention or even encouraging him to do anything, really. All of a sudden he said, "uh oh," stands up, and looks in the potty. Sure enough... he actually peed! We couldn't believe it. It was so cute! We praised him like crazy, of course, but don't really expect this to be the beginning of anything... not quite yet.
Rylee is doing better in school and starting to enjoy it; at least she doesn't scream or cry anymore when we drop her off. We're starting to hear more and more words in Spanish come out of her little mouth at home. The other day we were watching Dora, and Boots & Dora were going to school. Their teacher spoke English (and some Spanish, too... but mostly English). Rylee says, "She's not a real teacher." I said, "Why not, Rylee?" "Because she doesn't speak Spanish!" I thought that was pretty interesting!
Anna is learning to read!! This is such an exciting milestone! She's learning her Spanish alphabet and at school she's learning to read in Spanish. She can read maybe like 30 words or so. We've been working with her at home in English, too, and she's picking that up very quickly. She can recognize MANY words and sound out others. It's amazing to see her learn to read in two languages simultaneously! Praise God for how complex and amazing our brains are!
Sorry I don't have any pictures to post. We took the kids sledding the other day (yes, during the blizzard!), but it was actually too snowy to get any good pictures. They are sure loving the snow, though!
Blessings to all of you as you celebrate this time of waiting. Our pastor gave such a great message yesterday in light of Advent and waiting on the Lord. I pray we can recognize His majesty and authority and wait for His perfect timing. We're all waiting for something, right? Getting a license, getting married, getting a diploma, a new job, new home, new child, new pastor, and ultimately waiting for Christ to come again; waiting for heaven! I don't know about you, but I'm not very patient. I want things RIGHT NOW! But God's timing is perfect. We are called to be still (to quiet our busy lives), and to wait patiently. It goes back to "trust and obey, for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey."
No comments:
Post a Comment