One week from today Noah will be in our arms forever. Next week will be a week of reuniting and celebration and he becomes a U.S. citizen and an official member of our family forever. It will also be very emotional as Sandra says goodbye to Noah after caring for him as his foster mother for the past 18 months. I can't begin to imagine how hard that will be for her. And for Noah, too, to have everything familiar taken away from him. But we know that God will provide for Noah's needs and give him peace & comfort.
One week ago today was one of the saddest days as Brent's co-worker was arraigned at the same time as his wife's funeral. We had a tough week of crying out to God and trying to process it all. Even though there are no answers and no understanding it, we know that God is still on His throne and nothing can take away the victory we have in Christ.
This week we don't know what lies ahead for us. Could be more really good news. Could be more tragedy. So much can change can happen in just one week. But we walk ahead in faith, claiming all of God's promises and knowing that He will be faithful, no matter what this week will bring.
"I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage, wait for the LORD!" Psalm 27:14
2 comments:
I am so excited for you and will continue to pray for God's peace and provision in the coming week! I can't wait until Noah is home in your arms -forever!!
Thanks for your reminder as well about how much can change in one week...it's been a tough week out here in Idaho - and feeling far away from hard situations back in Michigan and dealing with tough work stuff here.
I need to continue to claim God's promises as well and be strong as I wait on Him.
Thanks for being steadfast in prayer and trusting God! You're truly an amazing example for us all.
Janice Buist
thanks for showing everyone that trusting God is the only way.
Post a Comment