Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Anna's Surgery


Well, I'm sitting here in room 9401 of De Vos Children's Hospital with Anna. My heart is full of thankfulness for answered prayers and for peace. Wow! I never knew how hard it was to watch your child go into surgery and then to sit and wait for 3 hours! But everything went perfectly. Dr. Steinhardt is amazing and was able to find the obstruction on her ureter/kidney and repair it. She has a drain tube coming out of her side at the incision site, which I'll need to learn how to change tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about that, but if all goes well, we'll be able to go home tomorrow evening.

What amazed Brent and I the most is Anna's trust through this whole process. She completely trusted us as we sent her off to the O.R. If Mommy & Daddy say it's going to be okay, then it's going to be okay; I don't have to worry. I wish I could completely trust the Heavenly Father with that kind of child-like faith. As a parent, I know that it's going to hurt Anna for awhile, and that tears me up, but in the end, "it's going to be okay." I'm sure God's heart aches when He allows us to go through trials & hard times, but He knows that it's ultimately for our good, and that in the end "it's going to be okay."

3 comments:

Dave Maat said...

:) God is good!!

Anonymous said...

love you buddy!

Julie said...

I'm glad everything went well! I wish we all could have child like faith all the time!