Sunday, February 10, 2013

I love you, no buts

I'm always humbled and amazed by how much the kids teach me. Okay, so I had a big conviction/ learning moment last week. As you probably know, Rylee is our child that requires a bit more "admonishing" than the other two. Whenever I need to have a talk with her/ give correction/ discipline, I always start with the "I love you"/ affirmation. Well, the other day she had a very good day. First-time obeying all day long, good attitude, kind words, etc. I was feeling very thankful. When I was tucking her in bed that night, I told her that I loved her and that I was proud of her, etc... the things I say most every night. She looks at me, dead serious, and says, "but..." I said, "Rylee, there's no 'but,' I just love you." Her response: "Oh, you usually say the buts." I laughed really hard and then had to explain to her that I always love her no matter what; no buts!
This got me thinking about God's unconditional love for us. Isn't that how he loves us, too? I love you, no buts!

No comments: