Friday, February 26, 2010

Step Into Africa

This week at Community Reformed Church, World Vision and a few area churches are working together to put on an incredible exhibit called "Walk Through Africa." It's an interactive, eye-opening, walk-through experience in which you walk in the shoes of an actual child living in Africa, affected by AIDS. I first went through this experience in 2005 and it was one of the final nudges to begin our adoption process. I hope you can take 45 minutes in these next few days to experience this! It's open daily from 11am to 9pm, now through Monday. You can click on the World Vision link to reserve your free tickets, or you can just walk in at any time. This project is a culmination of several area churches studying the book The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, a book I also very highly recommend. I'm excited about how God is stirring in His followers' hearts and the impact that together we can make in this world for Him!
http://www.worldvisionexperience.org/

No comments: