I don't know the answers. But through it all, I KNOW that I have a Savior who has overcome. One who will one day come and make all things right again. HE alone is the reason I have any hope and purpose and incentive in this life. And reading this book has reminded me that it's okay to feel like every thing's not okay, because everything isn't. There is a terrible thing called sin in the world that affects all of us at the deepest level. BUT....
There is Jesus who has overcome. We don't have to live in despair or gloom... we can fix our eyes on Him and keep pressing on each day in this life that brings both joy and pain... and through it all seek to honor and glorify Him. All the while knowing that He understands and He loves us... no matter what.
Here's is a quote from the book that I thought was so powerful:
"But what we really need is God. What we really need is somebody who loves us so much we don't worry about death, about our hair thinning, about other drivers pulling in front of us on the road, about whether people are poor or rich, good-looking or ugly, about whether we feel lonely or about whether or not we are wearing clothes. We need this; we need this so we can love other people purely and not for selfish gain, we need this so we can see everybody as equals, we need this so our relationships can be sincere, we need this so we can stop kicking ourselves for the first time, not by realizing some dream, but by being told who we are by the only Being who has the authority to know, by that I mean the Creator." p.110, Searching for God Knows What.
Wouldn't it be an amazing world if all of us could see ourselves as God sees us? His holy and dearly loved children, completely loved and forgiven through Christ? I think if we could truly see ourselves the way God sees us, we would be FREE to love others in the same way. We would be free to live without fear, anger, or comparing ourselves to others.
Yes, there still is pain in the world; there will be until Jesus comes again. But while we wait, I pray we can embrace His love and share His love and live in peace knowing that He is Sovereign and He has all things in His loving hands.
5 comments:
Your Heart is beautiful. I love your honest feelings and longings. I too feel out of place all the time and wonder when it will end. I love you, sister. We are searching together for our One Thing!!
Thanks for sharing Amy. Love you!!
It has been a rough morning. I needed to read your words. Thanks Amy for sharing.
thanks for sharing you thoughts Amy. I can relate to that feeling of things not quite being right even when life seems good, what a reminder that it;s because of sin. We don't belong to this world, but are here temporarily until we go to our real home in heaven.
Amazing picture too, did you take it?
Love the thoughts---thanks!
Post a Comment