Saturday, June 14, 2008

Just for laughs

Every day Rylee makes us smile with her 3-year-old sayings. I think it's a sweet combination of her child-like wonder and her amazing vocabulary for her age. I could write a hunderd things each day, but here are just a few from the past couple days.

(While driving down the road and passing a car) Rylee: "That car needs to have some practice." Mom: "Why Rylee?" Rylee: "Becuase he's not as fast as us."

Rylee: "My stomach is mad at you Mom." Mom: "Oh really. Why?" Rylee: "Because I'm so hungry."

(Outside and the wind is picking up big-time) Rylee: "We better hurry. Noah might blow away."

(While Brent is tucking Rylee in bed). Dad: "Can I give you a kiss Rylee?" Rylee: "Plant one on me, Dad."

And our favorite. (While looking at a gorgeous sunset tonight. The bright sun is glowing against the black clouds rolling in.) Rylee: "I think Jesus is trying to tell on us." Mom: "What is Jesus trying to tell us Rylee?" Rylee: "That He loves us." Awwwww! Isn't she sweet! I wish we could all have that child-like wonder!

I can't wait until Noah starts talking and see what cute things he will have to say! : )

I think Anna is past that age of the cute sayings because she knows everything now (since she's 5 and a half, you know.) But one thing that she says and I refuse to correct her because it's so cute. She thinks "nightmares" are called "night bears."

Speaking of dreams, this is more strange than cute. You know Brent sleeps during the day since he works at night. He had a dream the other day that he was sleeping and Dean (our brother-in-law from Nashville that we see once a year) came into the bedroom and starting dusting. Brent asked him why he was doing that and Dean said, "I don't know. I just do what Amy tells me."

If anyone can help interpret that one, let us know. I can understand that our house is dusty. I can even swallow the fact that I might be bossy sometimes. But DEAN??!!! Dusting in our bedroom!!??? How weird is that!?

No comments: